Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It all boils down to "Moral Fibre"

Now the title of the post must be looking very philosophical !! Let me put on a disclaimer first -
The term "Moral Fibre" is picked up from a Hollywood movie. I am in no way as creative so as to coin this term.

Before I proceed to explain what Moral Fibre is al about , allow me to explain the rationale behind choosing this term.

I can associate with this term is the primary reason. Now you might be thinking - "Attitude , haan !!" . To that I say , the attitude is mine.

Another reason why I picked up this term is bcause I have so many real life examples - current and forgone , to justify Moral Fibre. Now I am sure all of you have MF ingrained in your personalities. Here is what I think about it.

You have a wish. You think that somehow it should come true , by hook or by crook. Now here is where Moral Fibre(MF from here on) comes into play. My MF says , if its by crook and you can do without that wish , Just Chuck it (Nike would kill me fo this!!). If you think you can live happily sans that wish coming true , Just Chuck It. If you think you have much better wishes to make come true , Just Chuck It.

MF has nothing to do with Morality and Ethics ( urrrghhh , I hate to use this word). Its what your instinct says , the instinct that has a halo on its head. Its that simple. And we have volumes of stuff written on MF.
MF advocates "Believe in Yourself" (sounds like a tagline , it isn't ). Now you can be right or wrong. But what matters at the finish line is that you stuck to your beliefs. You did not regret. And you saw what lies ahead.

People who have problems with authority (someone like me , for example) , MF stands a good justifier !! I don't mean to say it stands as an excuse to stand up against anyone. However , MF has a way of providing a backdoor outlook to the situation at hand. Thus , you can deal with any and I mean any kind of scenario that comes across you.

MF is not flexible. It is as rigid as enamel. But somehow (and I cant figure out how) , it enables a person to justify For and Against. It provides a perfect balance between doing right and doing wrong (Now thats what I call Optimality !!).

To quote someone - "Moral Fibre does not mean being a BoyScout , its all about finding the one thing you actually care about and working towards achieving it". Deviations will lure you. Thats why they are called Deviations. Try to fool these deviations , use your Moral Fibre and achieve what you want , and not something that others want you to achieve.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Stand by and for ur beliefs",thats what u have always believed in and told people..And your MF has made you believe in ur beliefs..thats probally the reason i have never seen u repentig anytime in life:)*touchwood*

anshu101 said...

It’s strange that u wrote this (and i read it) today, when i was faced with a dilemma that tugged at My moral fibre.
One is inclined to take a 'logical’ approach to solve a moral problem - make two columns- for’s and against’s/ aye’s and nay’s, take a poll and leave the decision to others. But it doesn’t work that way. It has to be ur own decision, no matter how confusing, frustrating, wearisome or painful it is.
The ‘little voice’ inside one’s head doesn’t listen to logic or reason or the fact that others do it all the time! I like to think of it as God talking to me and telling me to do the right thing. That’s not to say that i’m now infallible; it’s an ongoing effort of doing that, which puts one rite in the eyes of God and oneself and hopefully reach that moral perfection.

Anshu

Unknown said...

Life is not a DI test, where you consolidate data into columns and then filter according to your needs. You can neither play digital. Life is always analog, and so are your decisions. This analog way of life I think is what you call MF. These decisions(or opinions) are not straightforward. These don't toggle between 0 and 1. These are fuzzy and fuzzy logic applies everywhere in life.

Anonymous said...

There is always an upper and a lower limit to anything and everything in this world is relative , you cannot be absolute . Same applies here , you have to mould yourself according to the situation but i think this definition of moulding oneself is not there in your dictionary.