Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Nostalgia - Outreaches !!

Cliched Start : Its been so long I wrote on my blog.
Cut. I've an early morning flight to catch and I am not feeling sleepy so I've decided to write on my blog. This baby was dormant for a long time but that was bcos all my grey cells were busy facing the recession and saving my job !!
Today I downloaded Gtalk on my latop and met two three ol' pals after a long time. Somehow due to reasons unknown, I didnt feel like chatting or talking to people online. But today after a very long time, I felt nostalgic about so many good times I've had with so many of my friends. So I called most of them and talked with them - just a Hi here and a Hello there, a mail, a chat but it felt good. Trust me ( a new frequently used phrase of mine !! ) So I flipped over few folders in my laptop and culled out few "good times" that I remember with my friends !!
I remembered the "heaven" in LBS - Outreaches !!! They were SOME days !!
Still remember Nayyar trying to make us laugh !! And Sandhu trying to be serious !!
This is how we used to look in those days !! Fortunately, Jinsi looks much more hippier than this now and Venko resembles Stallone now. Yours truly fortunately has regained the ever receding hairline !

This is my fav photograph !! Shows how seriously dedicated we were as a team !!
Anshu Johnson walking on Mumbay roads like Gandhi on his salt march and me trying to keep up with her looking expectantly at every passing auto !!


And Ritesh Maheshwari !! Classic, Vintage, and we so much screwed him ( I know Ritesh will read this and reply ! ) But he always got to sleep on the floor and NEVER got the window side !! ) But his concern for us in the form of home made food which would make a garrison survive for an year was most appreciated !!

Then the second year outreaches !! Venko writing on the board five key principles of his life which unfortunately the rest did not believe in !! However, that outreach was one of the best conducted in the history of LBS and all credit to our leader - Hail Venko !! ( and the idlees and gunpowder )


I lost my N72 in that outreach ! And I was pissed.Trust me !!! And the plight of the poor fellow who was with me ( and later Nakul's cos I bought a new N72 the same evenin on Nakul's credit card !! )

Nakul and Venko also developed some kind of NASA database. Though I have no idea what that was but everyone but me seemed to understand it and appreciate it !

But those were really good times. I wish they were to come again but I know they won't unless all of us take a 2 year lay off and once again do another MBA !!???? What say Jinsi ? What say Venko ? !!!!!!

PS : This post would be followed by many more !! And many more happy memories of my life that I spent with you guys !!



2 comments:

Venky said...

cant wait to leave a comment, hence this prelude :) !

Venky said...

Mumbai outreach was indeed 'heaven'in LBSIM. No two ways about it!

I still remember the journey started in the first yr with you standing outside the classroom and mouthing 'mumbai' to me when the lists came out after a round of interviews that were tougher than that we gave to enter LBSIM :)

After that its been one helluva ride and the team that we were able to assemble for the 2nd yr outreach was outstanding to say the least.

I may have lead the team but I have to give it to you guys! man, we simply rocked!! Lets have a mumbai outreach online reunion!! what say?